You did it! Well done! Authenticity can be incredibly daunting. Well done for taking that first step. Here's a little re-cap on my exciting 10-day "AUTHENTICITY CHALLENGE", Day 1 - 5. Much love!
Masks make us feel safe.
Masks are predictable. Surface. Just enough to get through the day without too many stares. Masks help us to fit in when society demands neatness and predictability.
Today, I dare you to choose to be REAL. Start with yourself. Your own truth. Your own heart.
Take time to think about and answer the following in your own journal:
1. Who taught me to wear a mask?
2. Why did I choose to listen?
3. How do I feel about this?
4. What am I most afraid of people seeing?
What is stirring deep inside?
Spend some time thinking about and answering the following questions:
1. Who was I before the world told me who to be?
2. When I wake up, what is my first thought?
3. How does that make me feel?
4. If I wasn’t afraid of anything, what would I do?
5. Who would I be?
6. What’s stopping me?
What are you doing with your emotions today?
Spend some time today holding your emotions captive...what do I mean by that? Take a step back and become aware of what you’re feeling and why. Most of our behaviour flows from hidden emotions. When we’re unaware, we become reactors to things triggering us deep within.
Take time to answer the following questions:
1. How did I feel when I woke up?
3. Am I satisfied with the way I’m feeling?
4. What can I do about that?
5. Am I blaming someone else for my emotions?
7. Do I believe that I can choose my emotions?
8. How does that make me feel?
Are you overwhelmed?
What is overwhelming you?
How do you feel about being overwhelmed?
When we’re overwhelmed, everything feels too much. And that’s ok. Being overwhelmed is a clutter of emotions and circumstances all knotted and bundled up into one. Give yourself permission to be overwhelmed. And then give yourself space to breathe and untangle.
List the things that are overwhelming you.
What can you do about that?
Choose one thing today that you can gain control over again.
Have honest conversations.
How safe do you feel with absolute honesty?
How brave do you have to be to hear the truth and share the truth?
Who do you need to be completely honest with today?